Epitome Of Ainliciousity
Enthusiastically of portraying too many dramas...
too many irrelevant egos...
and way too many of rambling and mumbling...
but yet to convey all as moi precious memories...
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
I.S.L.A.M to the heart :)
As Salam to all muslims,
Moi would love to share these article about Islam, reblogged it from tumblr. Happy reading.
Interesting facts about Islam
01. The Islamic calender is based on the phases of the moon, with it being approximately 11 days shorter than the 365 days of the year in the Georgian calender. Hence, the dates of our festivals (Eid -ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha) move through the year.
02. Adam (peace be upon him) was approximately 30 Ziraa tall. Ziraa is a measurement and one Ziraa is approximately half a metre.
03. The Majority of Muslims do not live in the Middle East. The most populous Muslim country is Indonesia, the 4th largest country in the world with approximately 184 million Muslims. There are more Muslims in India than the combined population of Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Palestine and the whole of the Arabian Peninsula.
04. The splitting of the Moon was was one of the greatest miracle of the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). When prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was 52 years old, the leaders of the disbelievers of the Quraish tribe came to him and said, “If you are a Prophet, then split the moon into two parts.” The prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) dearly wanted the people to convert to Islam, especially his close friends and relatives. He prayed, raising up his hands, and the moon split into two equal halves. Each part of the moon was seen above different mountains. The disbelievers said, “Muhammad has performed magic.” They did not accept Islam.
05. The Ummah of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) are more than that of all the Ummahs of all the previous prophets and messengers put together.
06. According to the Qur’an, the Kaaba was first built by the Ibrahim (peace be upon him) and and his son Ismail (peace be upon him).
07. Muslims do not worship the Kaaba; the Kaaba is simply a focal point for prayer ordered by Allah Subhanaho Wa Taala..
08. Prominent Kuffar like Abu Jahl would secretly listen to the verses of the Holy Quran because they were fascinated by it.
09.According to Islamic governments there are over 1.2 billion Muslims in the world today. The Muslim population of Russia alone is over 50 million. In other words, at least one out of every six persons in the world is Muslim, which is one of the reasons why …
10. … the name “Muhammad” is the most common name in the world.
11. At least one of Prophet Muhammad’s wives was African. Her name was Maria the Copt. Two of the Prophet’s wives were Jewish. Their names were Raihanah and Safiyah.
12. Albania is the only European country whose population is over 90% Muslim. It is on the Adriatic Sea, and borders Greece and Yugoslavia.
13. Former pop star Cat Stevens is an Islamic scholar currently living in England. His Muslim name is Yusuf Islam.
14. To find the Gregorian equivalent to any Muslim calendar date (i.e., 1 Muharram of any year), multiply 970,224 by the Muslim year, point off six decimals, and add 621.5774. The whole number will be the Gregorian year and the decimal multiplied by 365.24 will be the first day of the Muslim year.
15. The following English words are borrowed from Arabic: Algebra, Zero, Cotton, Sofa, Rice, Candy, Safron, Balcony. And even ‘Alcohol’ derives from Arabic : al-kuhl meaning powder. These are just a few mentioned here.
16. The first treatise on smallpox and measles was written by Abu Bakr Al-Razi (c.864-925,known to Europe as Rhazes). (Due to this) Inoculation against smallpox became a common practice in Muslim lands. Despite this, Scientific text book credit the invention of a smallpox vaccine to Edward Jenner (1749-1823).
17. Early Oxbridge students studied books written by Muslims on mathematics, medicine, chemistry, optics and astronomy.
18. Adelard of Bath (a city in the UK) was a leading scholar of the middle ages. What made him famous was translating the work of Muslim scientists from Arabic to Latin!
19. The 1860 city records of Cardiff (UK) show a Masjid in operation in a converted building at 2 Glynrhondda St. Yemani. Seamen on their trips between Aden (in Yemen) and Cardiff founded this Masjid.
20. The first purpose built Masjid is claimed to be in Woking, South of England with money provided by the ruler of Bhopal, in India (the Shah Jehan Masjid was built in 1889).
21. The grand doors of our prophet’s Masjid in Medina weigh 2 and half tonnes each! Enormous quantities of “sag wood” was gathered from all over the world and shipped to the United Kingdom to be dried in computerized furnaces (the traditional drying process would have taken many years!). Even then , it took 5 months to dry the wood! The wood was then shipped to Barcelona, Spain, where the main body of the doors where made and finally the French paid their little part, ams the brass ornamentation was carried out in the city of Roi. Next time you visit the holy asjid, keep this entirely in mind!
22. It was only in 1932 the Kiswah (cloth of the Ka’bah) was wholly made by Saudis (citizens of Saudi Arabia).
23. The roof top of our Prophet’s Masjid in Madina is designed to be strong enough to carry additional floors in the future.
24. Some verses in the Koran refer to man being equal to woman. Mathematically, the number of times the word “man” appears in the Koran is 24. The number of times the word “woman” appears in the Koran is also 24.
25. The Holy Quran has 30 parts and 114 surahs.
26. Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem is repeated 114 times in the Quran.
27. All except for Surat “Al Tawbah” start with Bismillah al-Rahman al-Raheem and Surat “Al Namel, No. 27” has Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem in its body
28. Al-Baqarah is the longest surah in the Quran while Al-Kawthar is the shortest surah in the Quran.
29. Milk is the best drink mentioned in the Quran while, Honey is the best food thing mentioned in the Quran.
30. The best month is Ramadan while the best night is the Night of Power in Ramadan (Laylat al Qadr).
31. Quran was revealed in a period that spanned over 23 years: 13 in Mecca and 10 in Madina!
32. Whoever reads one letter of the Quran gets 10 Rewards.Surat Al-Ikhlas is considered 1/3 of the Quran.
33. Reading 1 verse in Ramadan is equal to reading the entire Quran in other months.
34. The Quran will intercede for people who recited it on Judgment Day
35. The Quran will complain of people who didn’t recite it on Judgment Day
36. Two of the Ummahatul Mu’mineen (Mothers of the Ummah - the wives of the prophet Mohammad) died before him, They are Khadija and Zainab Bint Khuzaimah RadiAllahu Anhoma.
37. Muslims do not worship the Kaaba; the Kaaba is simply a focal point for prayer ordered by Allah Subhanaho Wa Taala..
38. The Zam Zam well came into existence at the time of prophets Ibrahim and Ismail. It then disappeared for nearly 2600 years due to the certain events and was rediscovered and dug by the grandfather of our beloved prophet peace be upon him. The location of the well was revealed to him in a dream.
39. The black stone (as it is known), cannot really be described in full, because the parts we touch with our hands and “Kiss” are eight small pieces, the biggest of which is the size of a date.
40. Islam is the FASTEST growing religion according to many sources. It is projected that Islam will be the #1 religion by the year 2030.
41. The 10 Sahabah who were promised Paradise during their lifetime were Abubakr Siddique, Umar bin Khattab, Uthman bin Affan, Ali bin Abi Talib, Talha Bin Ubaidullah, Saeed Bin Zaid, Abu Ubaidah Bin Jarrah, Zubair bin Awwam, Saad Bin Abi Waqqas, and Abdur Rahman Bin Auf RadiAllahu Anhum Ajmaeen.
42. Did you know that Imam Bokhari Rahmatullah Alaih compiled his collection of 7,275 Ahadith by selection from 600,000. Before writing each Hadith he would make 2 Rakaat nafl Salaat.
43. Islam is not “spread by the sword”. It is spread by the word (Islamic teachings) and the example of its followers. Islam teaches that there is no compulsion in religion (the Holy Qur’an 2:256 and 10:99).
44. Abdullah Ibn Zubair (RA) was the first baby boy to be born after Hijrah. His Father was Zubair (RA) and his mother was Asma (RA). His aunt (mother’s sister) was none other than Ummul Mu’mineen Aaiysha (RA) and his grand father was Abu Bakr Siddique (RA)
45. Muslim women wear the head covering (hijab) in fulfillment of God’s decree to dress modestly. From a practical standpoint, it serves to identify one as attempting to follow God in daily life and, therefore, protects women from unwanted advances from men. Righteous women throughout history have worn this type of modest dress. Prominent examples are traditional Catholic Nuns, Mother Teresa and the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus.
46. Interestingly, the inside of the Kaaba is empty.